Saturday 9 February 2013

The Saturday Update

A really good first week to the new semester this week.  It started off with a great weigh in on Monday so I am hoping to keep that going for the month (although I haven't been very good this week...).  I did a little less cycling as the brakes on by bike froze on Wednesday!  Luckily I managed to get it to work with me and they had thawed by Thursday afternoon!  

Tuesday was parents' day at work and it was mainly nice to meet the parents and review the first semester with our pupils.  Of course there are always high points and low points on such days but the impact of the meetings really showed for the rest of the week.  Friday was school photo day and we were really proud of our lovely well behaved class.

On Wednesday, of course, we were out for the lovely wine tasting.  Thursday was my final evening class.  I found out the courses won't run in the next semester which is good and bad because it means no extra money in the Spring but more time for me and for the wedding planning.  I love teaching adults but it was always hard to come home from my early finish at work and drag myself back out on an evening, especially as it got colder and darker.

The invitations went out to England last week and we have our first RSVPs which makes it all more real and exciting!  We have been fitting more people into accommodation this week and things are just generally starting to take shape.  Loreto is coming over this morning for a girly catch up and to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding which should be fun.

I have been taking part in Sarah von Bargen's Nine Days of Nice, but I'm a little behind so I will be working on that and some other projects this weekend too.  More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment