Saturday 7 September 2013

The Saturday Update

Well the first week back on the blog has been a busy one - the start of September, two projects completed, another goal in the pipeline and almost finished with my latest classic - David Copperfield.

There will be more on the projects next week but I will tell you that they involved another new recipe and an unexpected sewing project.

On the work front, I finally reached the bottom of my work to-do list (the first time in five weeks!)  Even though my timetable is much fuller than last semester, I am feeling good about work - I have some really lovely classes this year and everything about school is feeling better and more comfortable.  At the moment we are looking into having more staff representation (a bit like an internal union, not something that we had in England) which is exciting too.

I was really excited to find this language learning website this week.  I am stuck into the German and Spanish sections and may try something new later too.  Unfortunately their English learning sections are only for speakers of French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian and not German but I have recommended it to some of my more diligent pupils anyway.

We have booked our accommodation for Copenhagen - just four and a half weeks to go! - I am so looking forward to the break.  This week's goal is to arrange travel.  My guide book also arrived so I'll be delving into that, as well as getting more tips from friends.

If September continues as it has started, it will be the most productive month of the year yet, and I will be completely ready for the autumn break in October too!!

P.S. This made my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment