Tuesday 14 January 2014

Little Women

I've had this book for a long time - so long that I couldn't entirely remember the story.  So while we were home at Christmas, I brought it back with me and devoured it this week.  (I was actually surprised to learn that I received this book as a Christmas present in 1993 when I was eight.)

Reading it again reminded me why I enjoyed it so much.  It is such a lovely story.  It's very moral and similar to other classics written around that time.  However, this one is more aimed at children and I love that.  

I think just about every little girl can identify with one of the main characters - sensible eldest sister Meg, tomboy Jo, sweet little Beth or proud Amy.  All of the characters develop throughout the story and it really made me look at myself too.

Every little girl should read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment