Sunday 26 January 2014

The Notebook

source
We were watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother a while ago and I was gobsmacked when Nico had to ask me what a Ryan Gosling storyline was all about.  I guess I should be relieved - it is clearly a woman thing after all.  I mentioned at the time that my all time favourite film is the Notebook which is also, I believe, the reason all women fall in love with Ryan Gosling.

While stocking up for our new blu-ray player, Nico 'accidently' ordered the German version of the film and we watched it this weekend.  It turned out that he had seen it before but I have to say, I watched it with totally different eyes as a married woman and, of course, cried my eyes out more than ever at the end.
     
I think it's the kind of story that has something for everyone - or for every woman at least.  I say story on purpose since I also read the book and as ever, the book is even better, although for once, there's not much in it.
     
If you haven't seen it, welcome back for wherever you have been locked away, go out and get it immediately.  *Warning!*  Women - You will fall in love with Ryan Gosling!  Men - You might do too...

No comments:

Post a Comment