Friday 23 May 2014

Hello Summer!

With temperatures hitting 30 degrees here, it's safe to say that Summer is just about here. I love Summer but have never done well with the higher temperatures and I can't say that it is any better with a bump in tow. Cue lots of water, ice cream and shade for me. However, I don't want to be negative so here are some of my favourite things about this time of year.
  • Longer days, mornings are so much more bearable and everything just feels more positive with so much light!
  • Summer food - my fruit and veg intake spikes with the hot weather and I feel so much better for it. Also, there's always an excuse for a cheeky ice cream break or two.
  • Swimming! I'm hitting the pool for the first time in a long time today and the added bonus is the number of outdoor pools here in Germany - can't wait!
  • Sun cream. I love the smell of sun cream. It immediately puts me into holiday mode. So many beach holiday memories.
  • Fashions - even when it comes to maternity wear, I love loose, comfy summer dresses. They keep you cool and looking feminine and there's less washing without all the winter layers and socks.
I hope it's as sunny and bright wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment