Saturday 24 May 2014

The Saturday Update

Well, it's been a busy little week around here. Last weekend we headed over to visit friends for a lovely barbecue in the gorgeous weather. After lunch we headed over to the local kids' petting farm for a flea market. We didn't find anything to buy as it was really for older kids but it was nice to have a walk in the sun.

On Monday afternoon I had the final session of my prenatal course. I feel much more prepared after the course. We went over breathing techniques and different positions and exercises for labour. The midwife also gave us lots of practical tips and information about breastfeeding. Lots to take in but it means I can prepare better so I am happy.

I finally got around to starting work on the quilt on Tuesday and I am hoping to finish it this weekend. It would have been quicker but the hot weather has really taken some of the wind out of my sails.

As I posted, Wednesday was my first acupuncture session. I'm booked in for a session with another midwife on Tuesday while mine is on holiday so looking forward to that.

On Thursday we went to the hospital to set up a file and a bit of a birthing plan. Again, this was very reassuring and we even got a few bits at the baby shop on the way home. I've ordered some bigger bits from Ikea so we are getting there!

My back has been quite painful lately so I was up early yesterday to go swimming with a friend and it brought some very welcome relief. We will be doing it again for sure. I also started packing my hospital bag yesterday so it started feeling very real. 

We are having a quiet one this weekend. My mum is visiting next week and my plan is to finish getting the necessities and packing for the hospital so that we can relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment