Wednesday 21 May 2014

Just Get Started!

Anyone who knows me, knows how good I am at making lists. To do lists, goals lists, gratitude lists... the list is endless!

What I need to work on is getting through those lists. Some months I have everything wrapped up in a week and sometimes I procrastinate like you wouldn't believe, making excuses to push things another month.

Entering my third week of maternity leave, I can't use work as an excuse and to be fair, this has been a very productive month with just one thing left to tick off.

I've been taking a quilting course since the start of the year, doing one project a month. This month it's the big one and even though I love the creative process and I love the finished products, there's just something daunting about taking that first step... 

Luckily I got up early yesterday, got my head around the numbers part and what do you know, the top layer is almost finished. At this rate, the whole thing will be done by the weekend!

The lesson I learned, and what I'm trying to pass on today, is just to get started. I guarantee any project seems more daunting when you are sat thinking about it than when you are in the middle of it - any project worth doing that is. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment