Saturday 10 May 2014

The Saturday Update

Maternity leave is brilliant! I had a lovely start to the week with my last two days at work. Tuesday really took it out of me though. It was a long day with no break, finishing at six but the good news was that they found a replacement for me so I managed to hand over the reins at the last minute and go on maternity leave with a clean conscience. 

Everyone was really kind and sweet. My class gave me lots of flowers and lovely messages. The last lessons went really well too. I'm already relaxing into my leave but I think I will also be really ready to go back next year and I'm already looking forward to visiting too.

On Monday I had my first prenatal class. It was equal measures reassuring and scary but I do feel great for being more informed. There are five of us in class and I'm the furthest along. I'm really looking forward to the next two weeks and hopefully trying some acupuncture.

I've read a lot (discovering Bob the Big Issue Cat - more tomorrow) and got lots ticked off my to do lists in the last few days so that I can wind down even more this month.

Today we are heading up to Nico's parents for his cousin's confirmation on Sunday. On Monday we have our next check up as well as the next prenatal class. The rest of the week will be spent crafting and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment