Wednesday 20 June 2018

4 years old!

Our little girl turned four on Monday.  I don't know where the time has gone.  It's always at these big milestones that I get emotional and reflect a lot on the past and it seems like just yesterday that she arrived.  

Since her brother was born she has certainly become more of a little girl and less of a baby.  She surprised me so much in how fantastic a big sister she is. There's never been any jealousy between them (I'm well aware that it will come at some point) and she is like a little mummy to him. He adores her too.

She started Kindergarten in October and is consistently praised for being social and including all her classmates in games.  That's also the reason we had twenty children here on Monday for her birthday party.  We hadn't expected that everyone would be able to come but it speaks volumes for her that so many did and luckily the weather was good so we had cake and games in the garden.

It is the biggest honour and pleasure to watch this girl grow and learn.  She is so clever and inquisitive and while it is at times exhausting, I wouldn't have her any other way. I'm loving this stage, as I loved every stage she's been at and I'm looking forward to all that her fifth year is going to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment